Thursday 6 June 2013

Short Update!

I'm really sorry for not updating this blog for such a long time.
Got really busy with uni work.
We take entrepreneurship course this semester, which means we need to form a group and begin a business.

Guess what my group did for our business?

FELT PRODUCTS!

It is indeed such new experience for us all, as no one in my group know how to do it form scratch. And yes, it was my idea.

So I learned all the necessary steps from the internet, as usual, and taught them. It is not so hard after all, but still it needs perseverance, like any other crafts do. I really enjoyed making them.

Our company name - D'Epsilon Felt Handicraft. Why Epsilon? Just before the entrepreneurship class, we learn about the term 'epsilon' in Genetics lecture.

We mainly took orders from friends and other students, aside from making some ready-made ones to be sold directly to customers. It's really popular among my younger brother's classmates. They said these are cute and would like to make a collection haha :D. We had a 4-day carnival for all groups of students taking this course as a business practical week. Only 4 days, minus Monday as it was a break due to the PRU.

Just some random shapes.

Alhamdulillah, we managed to make profits and no loss. But the important thing is not just about the money, it's the knowledge and experience in business. My course also deals with food product development, so in the future, our business skills may come in handy to get our own products in the market.

Another important thing now is


FINAL EXAM!!!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment