Friday 2 January 2015

2014 New Year Typography Quilling

I  posted this a year after hahahaa. This was my first attempt in making numbers using typography. Every new years eve, I look forward to fireworks. I really love fireworks! I was lucky because my room was at the 6th floor, and I saw the fireworks in the sky. This piece was inspired from a quilled signage by Miyyah@kertas, and the burst of colors form the fireworks, thus the bright colors. The base is cereal box, as usual. And I made this in the middle of study week...

Beginning with the numbers. I used  a thick paper for this as it holds the shape better.

Adding the shapes. I made random quilled shapes and glued them wherever I like. No planning beforehand.

Closer look. I started using honeycomb techniques here.

The finished look.

Love the colors!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment